The Go-Ahead Group is one of the UK’s leading public transport provider and provides over one billion passenger journeys through bus and rail services every year.
The organisation employs over 26,000 staff to deliver outstanding transportation to customers. The Go-Ahead Group partnered with Gradvert to design a compelling graduate programme for the bus and rail operation to support the organisations succession planning agenda.
Having designed a comprehensive rotational scheme across five different operating locations, the scheme gave graduates the opportunity to explore and gain experience in different functions of the organisation.
With the aim of succession planning across the organisation, The Go-Ahead Group wanted to develop a programme to attract top graduates to the organisation to plan for the transfer of knowledge across key areas of the business. Struggling with their profile in the graduate market and needing to freshen the view of the transport industry, The Go-Ahead Group partnered with Gradvert to build a comprehensive graduate programme and recruit top talent into key functions across the organisation. The group turned to Gradvert to deliver their rail and bus graduate programme.
In order to design a programme that was in line with the organisation’s goals and objectives, we used a four-stage process to design both the Bus and Rail Graduate Programmes:
• Initially, the team spent time interviewing key members of ‘The Go-Ahead Group’ team.
• From here, Gradvert developed a ‘Graduate Profile’ of the ideal candidate.
• The scheme was then built around the development of the Graduate.
• The programme was launched.
With the support of Gradvert, The Go-Ahead Group:
• Attracted thousands of applicants throughout the UK and Europe for both Bus and Rail schemes.
• Developed compelling graduate programmes for both Bus and Rail services.
• Have placed over 30 graduates into operations and engineering positions.
• Have fast-tracked 80% of their graduates into managerial positions.
• Have successfully delivered the leadership and management skills of their graduates (with all graduates now managing teams of 50+).
Gradvert’s training programmes offer high impacting leadership development. Using a bespoke approach, Gradvert have been able to fast-track many of our aspiring managers to positions of senior authority.